Friday 27 January 2012

PsiMe # 35

I'm back on the disc again. The Madman and The Engineer buttons are gone and I can now see there are two lights in the ceiling. I choose The Wizard this time. The now familiar flinging motion and the shattering sound occur and I'm in a room made of stone. It seems like the inside of a tower. There are no doors here but there are holes that lead out onto a stone pathway. It's a castle wall. The only remotely door like thing anywhere near here would be the gate. Please tell me I don't have to pass through the gate. I heard something on the wind. It sounds like... Singing.

"We lay my love and I beneath the weeping willow.
But now alone I lie and weep beside the tree.

Singing "Oh willow waly" by the tree that weeps with me.
Singing "Oh willow waly" till my lover return to me.

We lay my love and I beneath the weeping willow.
A broken heart have I. Oh willow I die, oh willow I die."

I know that song. That's the song I heard the night my mother died. There's someone behind me. It's a boy. I think. He's made of ice and he's the one singing. I feel like time is slowing down. I can't see his face but I can feel the malicious grin of ages. I feel the glare of his eyes as they bore into my soul, but from within I feel something else. Rage. This is what killed my mother. This is loneliness personified.

The world shakes with my rage and I can feel his grin stiffen. I speak with words. "I am not alone you don't have any power over me." He replies through emotions. I am alone. I have always been alone. Now I am more alone than I have ever been. No matter how many friends I have I will always be alone. I am all alone in an infinite universe. One of a kind. Forever. I tremble. My rage is overtaken by fear and despair. I run.

I can no longer see him as I run along the walls but I can hear his singing growing closer no matter how fast I move. The gate winch is below in the courtyard, but the stairs are too far away. There's no time for caution anymore. I jump from the walls. I land in the courtyard and there is a sharp pain in my leg. He's right in front of me. He's still singing, yet I can also hear laughter. I see the gate winch. I limp over to it and begin turning it. His eyes are on me the entire time. The gate is finally open and I run for it.

2 comments:

  1. Your poor mother. I.. feel pity for her. I am so sorry all of this has happened to you.

    ReplyDelete